Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Kicked Up Banana Smoothie

A Breakfast for Champions....or Monkeys

I love a smoothie, but not that crappy sugary kind that gives you a headache 15 minutes after drinking. I get suckered into those from time to time by an unfounded craving or two. All of that fake fruit, and high fructose corn syrup can wreak havoc on my system, how 'bout yours? Here is something that I discovered just a few weeks ago after hearing my friend Meghan talk about making a similar concoction. This is my rendition of a slurp-able breakfast that has almost all of your nutritional bases covered.


Ingredients:

1/2 cup of skim milk

1 banana

1 tablespoon cocoa powder

1 and 1/2 tablespoons honey

2 tablespoons of raw oatmeal

1 tablespoon of peanut butter

8-10 ice cubes

Put all of the ingredients except for the ice into a blender and whaz it up. Whaz...i really wanted to use that particular word for some reason! Then add in the ice cubes, and blend until smooth. This is so simple you can even do it at 7am. I must preface these simple instructions with the fact that I have a wonderful blender. Thanks, mom! Gotta love all of the cool kitchen stuff you get when you get married. If your blender leaves a bit to be desired, just go slow and add the ice cubes one at a time through the hole in the lid. Eventually your smoothie will come together into a tasty, filling, and nutritional treat.

2 comments:

zanne said...

That sounds a lot better than the one I made! Of course, I got my recipe out of the Sleepover Friends "Super Sleepover Guide," so I shouldn't have expected too much!

Niya prakash said...

Hi

Nice recipe !!!!